Friday 12 October 2012

Poppies and a wheat field 29.6.2012



On this day as I travelled home, it was a typical, beautiful summer's day which I didn't want to waste.  A few days earlier a neighbour had told me that the field myself and Sue had visited three years previously to photograph was back again in full bloom with poppies.   So I phoned Sue who had been ill to ask if she was feeling well enough to come out for a few hours with me to photograph one of life's natural beauties.












I always like to try to incorporate the blue skies when taking some images, personally I think it enhances the image more.








I like the shadow of the inside reflected on the petals.


















































The sky in the background helps to enhance the colours in the foreground.






Stormy skies over the field.
















































































It started to get a little harder to photograph the poppies because being so flimsy the wind started to shake them vigorously.
















I'm pleased that this close-up of the wheat ear came out as well as it did.









I wanted to try and capture the motion of it blowing in the wind.










































No comments:

Post a Comment