Friday 12 October 2012

2012 The Three Castles car rally in its 10th year ( PT 1)



This was the first time that I had been to see what is called a "timed trial" at a car rally. This was being held at Bodelwythen Castle and was part of a 3 day rally competition that was in its 10th year. We tried to find the best location for taking action photos of the event, in particular the Porsche 912 seen below.
This was quite a challenge for me because all the competitors were trying to be as quick as possible around the track. Some of the classic cars in the trial, found it harder than others due to the car size and model being not 100% suitable for all the tight corners.




Peter Fletcher and his navigator Barry










                                                           
                                                       On your marks! Get set!



















































I hadn't used the "panning" technique much but it certainly helped when I was taking these action shots!













Click below to watch one of the cars filmed in action  by somebody at the trials in Boddlewyddan castle. 



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhev4mCJ1Y0



More cars on the Promenade at LLandudno in (pt 2)



After taking action shots in the morning and before the afternoon finish of the rally, I took the opportunity to walk around LLandudno and take some  street photography photos as well as other things I found interesting.
















Although these 3 images are not very clear, It was a real treat to see the owls.
















This is one of my favourite shots as I just saw them out of the corner of my eye and I really liked the way old friends are catching up despite standing in the rain.  






I wanted to take the opportunity of capturing the "generation of head scarves"!






There is the same lady again!










I really love this image it shows that whatever your age you can still be in good spirits.














These 2 images - I liked the way that the reflection on the table gave a different look to them, which is that the mans head appears to be on his knee and the lady's head  appears to be attached to her legs.









   
I was really lucky to have had my camera at the ready as this wedding carriage came past very quickly and I nearly missed capturing this image.

















Is there a trolley thing going on?







I like his cheeky smile and the interaction between the different age groups

















Patiently waiting!















For more information about LLandudno Click Below


http://www.llandudno.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment