Monday 15 October 2012

Helfa Gelf Introduction ( 1 of 16 )







September 2012 saw many activities taking place in and around Wrexham as part of The Year of Culture. A group of students from Glyndwr were asked to cover aspects of the particular events and as I am a photography student at the university I chose to concentrate on the open studios art trail- Helfa Gelf. I also contributed photos about Wrexham Carnival and the Zine Fair. 






See below the map of the Wrexham district that I chose to cover. I feel as if I have been on tour - and although some artists are fairly close to the Wrexham area - I did not cover them because they were actually on the Denbighshire area map. Apologies to those (Sue Hall and Pat Pearson {94 and 106] both of Llangollen) who possibly might feel that I could have included them. Apologies in particular to Yale College Regional Print Centre (145) because I was engaged at other venues on the two dates that they were open and could not physically get to see them.




Thank you so much to all the artists/studios that I did visit. I had a great experience and saw evidence of fantastic talent. I hope my blogs do them justice and that they help to encourage more people to visit these places. I look forward to any further work with these artists that comes my way.



Links below to Helfa Gelf



http://www.helfagelf.co.uk/en/


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19493027








No comments:

Post a Comment