Friday 12 October 2012

A morning down the allotment with Camera Club 19. 9.2012



At our last camera club meeting it was decided that Colin would arrange a morning at the Llangollen allotments for us all.  He had also spoken to and got permission from another chap for us all to go and photograph his prize-winning dahlias.   Over time we have heard a lot about Colin's goings-on in the allotment!  So it was nice to finally get the opportunity to visit.






                   This view of the Panorama can be seen from inside the allotments.







I couldn't resist this shot.  It seemed comical to me at having your barrows at the ready!







We were quite lucky to have this brilliant blue sky long enough for me to take this image in between the showers.  I really like how all the colours seem to complement each other.








                                                 Can you guess what this is?


























We were then taken to the area in the allotments to see the prize dahlias and we were not disappointed.













I was taken back with these roses as they reminded me of the kind my Taid (Granddad) used to grow in the garden for my Nain (Grandma).






This is the first image of the three that shows the stages of it budding. 



































Do you think they were trying to see how many of them could fit on a flower?



























































Once we had finished Colin kindly took us all for a walk round the area.  I like the image above because it is taken from an angle of Llangollen I had not seen before.






I wonder what the castle used to look like when it was in its full glory back in time.        


Colin had very kindly invited all of the group back to his house for a coffee and a small slice of cheesecake, which we all sat in the garden under the gazebo to have. I would like to thank Colin for his hospitality.






This image of Dinas Bran ( Crow Castle ) was taken from the garden in Plas Newydd LLangollen which was a last port of call before I came home.





I wanted to place a frame around this image to make it look more professional.





Aperture Camera Club 

come and join us 


LLangollen photographic club is attended by a small group of dedicated local photographers.

The group meets every 2nd Thursday in the month
7.30 pm - 9.30 pm
At the Rafa club,
Canalside Gardens,
      LLangollen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment