Friday 7 October 2011

Rodneys Pillar 17.6.2011.

                                 



Over the term break the three of us me, myself and I started to feel smothered. I needed to find lots of open space so I could breath and be engulfed in the sense of freedom. As this compulsion became stronger and stronger I was ready to set off on a mission, this too would help my fitness and open my visual senses to stimulation.
             I had previously enjoyed many walks in the countryside to different locations such as, Candy Wood to see a stunning carpet of bluebells, LLanymynech with mines and quarries. Near to the start of the break I had made a conscious decision to go to Glyndwr's gym. The Phoenix was ready to start rising and this would also become my training ground for going on such longer walks. My goal is before Oct. to get to the top of Snowdon. This prospect seemed as high to achieve as the mountain itself. So just like Buzz Aldritch and Neil Armstrong, I too made that small step just for me.
                                                 My first goal was to shed some of those lardy pounds that I had acquired and I set my sights on climbing Rodney's Pillar which is outside Oswestry. This was to be my starting point in my aim to get fit enough to reach my ultimate goal of walking up Snowdon.  I had set a date to accomplishment this and it was to be my birthday June 2011.My fitness levels had progressed and my oxygen cylinder wasnt required anymore so I managed to pass my first goal!





                                                        Rodney's Pillar accomplished.


Views





















 Yes there were rest stops! Approx 4 in total, 2 up and 2 down. The weather was typical British and  changeable and when I had got to the top it was really windy and light rain. This didn't dampen my spirits as I had achieved what I had set out to do. With exhilaration flowing through my veins, on the walk down I was already planning where I could go next.



                                  
                                                          




No comments:

Post a Comment