Friday 7 October 2011

Darkie Wood 1.7. 2011.

                  


It is always nice to find somewhere new to explore and take photos and this location I had come across a few days earlier. A family member had shown me and took me a little way down the path.  I then returned a few days later with photography friends (Sue who is also at uni with me on the same course, Geraldine who we both met on the As level photography night course at Yale College). After a short walk we came to a cool bridge with a bridge inside you could walk over.


                                               This is that bridge within a bridge.


We followed the path and eventually came to an area where there was a car in pieces. I found the beauty in this as a photo opportunity.  I liked the rust with the colour of the car and  seeing it as a shell instead of complete.








There were two paths so we decided to take the one to the right and this eventually brought us out into what looked like some one's back yard. "Woops"! We couldn't  resist the chance to take a few pictures, as it had the feeling as if time had stood still in this place.                              






                             Although I had taken many photos I selected this one above.


The green moss and different angle of the top of the wall  with holes in appealed to me as something different. A little further along, there were a few more cars left to rust out in the open which strangely again looked cool to me.







We then turned around and ambled along back to the first rusty car, branched right and walked over the bridge till we came to a few more interesting things to photograph.






This signage reminded me of Andreas Gursky whose work I looked at in Yale college on an A.S level course. Living in Wales It felt like a rare opportunity for me to find a sign out in the open like this. Unless I'm going to all the wrong locations of course?





This was something else that we came across that I hadn't seen before, which was nailed to a tree.


Disappointed that we had come to the end of the path and on to the road, I suggested that lunch was calling and we could call in at the Prospect Garden Tea Room. This is on Blackwood road, Garth. I had been there once before and being a lover of my food couldn't wait to go back. I had exactly the same as before. Mmmm. Home made quiche with salad, followed by homemade Welsh cakes washed down with fresh juice and a coffee. This is a place that I would definitely recommend. In the summer the gardens are lovely to sit in and the views are also nice. Waitress service with friendly staff, it is only open in the winter months until October.






These were taken there.





We then proceeded to the Panorama where we stopped to watch a group of paragliders on the mountain opposite. We then decided that we would go to the Nantyr which was the opposite mountain where it would  be  better  to  get a  closer picture of them.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    


                                                                                                                                                  




                                                                  The Panorama


We dipped down into Llangollen then up the other side towards the Nantyr. After two stops to watch them, take pictures and chat to some of them we headed towards home. I can never miss the opportunity to stop to admire the view below when passing through this way.










      This is also a side view of the mountains I walked on the Horseshoe Pass 29.6.2011.

1 comment:

  1. That was a cracking day out - love the pics of the rusting cars:)

    ReplyDelete