Tuesday 11 October 2011

Llandudno 14.9.2011

A challenge had presented itself so I grabbed it with both hands. It was to drive a relative to Llandudno to meet friends. Many of you may not see driving this distance a problem, but to me it was like asking me to climb Mount Killimanjaro. I saw this as an opportunity to be a good day out to take photos, so I asked Sue my friend to join me. Besides nobody may have ever seen me again if I'd got lost, what a great pair we made.  ( sorry Sue ) . Strangely and highly amusing Sue can get lost at Uni, I swear if chipping humans was possible then I told her that I wouldn't hesitate to get her done.

Surprisingly enough we got there without a hitch until I was told to take the wrong turning to the town by my relative. We stopped off at Asda for a well needed caffeine fix. Dropped my relative off who was then offered a lift home by one of her friends. So the day was ours and luckily I had a co-driver Sue to make sure that we got back to Wrexham.

It was hard to believe that last time the both of us had been here, was 12 months ago for freshers week. Team building, making sandcastles for " TIME AND TIDE WAITS FOR NO MAN ".
The weather was typical British, clouds with the sun playing peep po at us.With an extremely slow walking, photograpic pace we headed up towards the Pier, encountering many different sights along the way.





                 These two ladies were great characters, full of fun and clearly loved life.




View with a glimpse of the sun on The great Orm.







Gull on the look out for food.



                                          

                                  A view of fire escape stairs I thought looked cool.





An afternoon view of The Promenade.





A baby seagull craving attention.
 I was a little nervous of it pecking my eyes out just like an Alfred Hitchcock movie The Birds.






Looking back to where we have come from.



Just before we headed back for home the sun came out to compliment the blue skies.
This also gave me a chance to capture some street photography.




Late evening.



Couples





And sadly



An amputee seagull.



Obviously we found our way back fine and I can now confidently drive there again.



                               

No comments:

Post a Comment