Friday 7 October 2011

My walk up Moel Famau. 30.6.2011.

Having been here approx15, maybe more, years previously, I had envisioned where I wanted to be but didn't know how to get there. I had done a little homework by looking on the net for directions. After getting the majority of the way there and just a little lost in Mold I finally arrived at my destination. I was greeted by a great sight as I parked up but unfortunately couldn't get my camera set up in time. That sight was that of a Golden eagle landing in the trees and within an excellent range for me to watch. With my rucksack filled with essentials I began to start my walk. I walked through the woods and finally came to the area that I was familiar with.




                                                    This was on the path in the woods.






                                              Another path to explore in the woods some time.



Views on the way up.






















                                                               The path to the top.






With my legs still aching from the day before I wasn't going to be defeated. Of course it took me a little longer but I had another goal in sight. The weather was a little unpredictable, when I  was almost at the top a rain cloud came blowing over and visibility was slowly dimming and the rain came down. Once I had reached the top I looked for a little shelter, I had remembered that there was a spot up here that I could sit it out in.
 Being inside a rain cloud at the top of a mountain is a strange experience and a cold one. I, at this point, didn't know how long I had to sit and wait until I could come out of hiding. At first I wasn't comforted by the thought that others were also stranded up there with me, My mind started wandering into horror films and someone bumping us all off. What an over active mind we can have in situations!
 I snuggled in and had a drink and a snack. I was glad that I had packed my hat as I was feeling cold, I closed my eyes and cat napped with one eye open. This was due to the fact that I didn't want to drop off completely. It felt like approx 40mins and there had been patches of blue sky in between the cloud. This was cool as I thought that this is what it must be like in the eye of a tornado when you look up through the top of the funnel.
 Eventually it cleared and a little stiff and dithering with cold, I surfaced to take a look at the view.



Below  is   View and the rain cloud I was in.














Of course I did make it down and back safely and typically the sun began to shine. The calm after the storm so to speak.

( Pics from a low resolution camera )





No comments:

Post a Comment