Thursday 27 October 2011

Food Festival LLangollen 16.10.2011

                                        



I had heard the words Food Festival many times over the years but had never been to one, until we were given a brief at uni involving food photography.This seemed like a great chance to do two things at the same time, photography and see for myself just it was all about. I had arrived early to get a parking space and ask if I would be allowed to take photos. I was then asked to seek permission from the stall holders, which I did. Due to my project still being in progression I have selected other photos from the day. There were so many stalls to view from cheese, coffee, butchers etc. I will include the websites of the stallholders that I chatted to and obtained permission to photograph.


The  Stalls  were:                              PLEASE CLICK on link below to view their websites.


http://www.veggie-fayre.co.uk/   
This stall was great for veggies - everything was fresh and homemade, the added bonus was that they were  really tasty. I bought a kind of veggie burger and 2 pasty style leek and potato, these came recommended  and definitely did not disappoint my taste buds. I also couldn't resist the pecan chocolate brownies. Susan was very welcoming and I was able to have a chat about other products she produces, from our brief conversation I could tell that she was very passionate about her cooking. I will certainly be going to Susan for more of her great products.


http://www.bestoftaste.co.uk/    
Nick caught my attention with his excellent display of coloured bottles and he then lured me in by asking do  I liked Ice-cream. At this point I answered yes and was offered a choice of Coulis to try, Nick then handed me a medicine size sample of strawberry coulis with ice-cream. Mmmmm did this taste sooo nice and refreshing. I didn't want to get home and start a craving so I bought a bottle and am using it sparingly.


http://www.seren-foods.co.uk/  
At first I was a little wary due to not knowing what the product was or if it had meat in it. The lady behind the counter asked me if id like to try some, so I politely replied no thank you I don't eat meat. I was then re- assured that there was no meat in the product but fish, I then excepted a taste in the form of pate on on small cracker. To my surprise when I asked what kind of fish it was, I wasn't expecting the reply of mackerel .It didn't seem to have that strong fishy taste, I then purchased a small portion and it was then frozen until it was time for me too pick it up on the way home.


http://www.greekoildirect.com/   
The people on this stall were really friendly and seemed really close as a unit. I didn't buy anything from this stall but they agreed for me to take photos. I stayed and chatted for a while and they educated me about olives. When I thanked them they told me that later Pablo was going to be giving a talk about olives, I came back at the 11.30 to hear the talk which was "Secrets of a Healthy Life". I found this really educational, well presented and enjoyed it very much.


 http://www.riverford.co.uk/shop/  
The lady was busy but had agreed that I could take photos and rearrange her displays if I wanted to.


I also spoke to volunteers for Wales Air Ambulance  but would like to write this under a separate title. I'm just awaiting photos from the charity


( Thank you to all stall holders mentioned and the MG members for making it a great experience for me.)





                                                      The  Pavillion























The   Owls





















The owl sanctuary  web link is http://www.owlrescue.co.uk/


This was a very popular attraction as many got a chance to hold and stroke the owls. It was a lovely sight to see despite their sad stories on each owl.






M.G     Motor     Cars


















































Thank you to Andy and the rest of the gang for having a chat to me and answering my questions. I enjoyed hearing about their cars and photographing them. Andy was a great guy to talk to and he had brought photos of his cars journey of being saved from extinction to being put back on the road. This was excellent to put a visual to the history of what the car has been through in transformation.  This was a great end to the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment