Sunday 20 October 2013

N.W.M.A.T. (North Wales Miners Association Trust) Anderton boat trip 4.8.2013


I hadn't been out with the group for a while and welcomed the idea of going on this trip with them all, which was organised by Ieuan. This was an afternoon out; we all waited at our designated areas and lastly picked up Margaret and Alan. As tradition now has it, someone brings sweets for the journey and Margaret had brought some chocolates with her.The weather was not looking good as heavy rain clouds were following us.

I hadn't heard of the boat lift before and was looking forward to seeing a great engineering idea of the 1900's. It took us approx an hour to get there and as always I was heading to the cafe for a welcomed warm and a coffee hit.



This is the first sight we saw as we got there 


Once the rain had eased off and I had caught up with Margaret and Alan, I headed down to the small museum and out to explore and went to take some pics.




I had wanted to get the scale of the lift into my image


The industrial view from just below the cafe area










I couldn't resist this image of a chimney 


I watched one of the other trips go through the process of going down in the lift 


This was a nice image to see and capture

We had also been booked on a small trip up and down the river. We were given a talk with the trip which was very interesting and humorous. We were also told how Prince Charles had also been on the same trip and where he had sat.


We were also told about the wild life that lives along the river and it was just by chance and luck that we saw a kingfisher.




This is the second part of the trip we went on and were talked through


This reminds me of giant Meccano and Lego

The many images coming up next I wanted to take to show the size of the metal work on the lift










There was just enough time when we got back to have another drink in the cafe and a look around the shop before we headed home.

Thank You Ieuan for organising the trip - I had a great day out with you all!

There is also a video to watch on their site,which shows more about what to see on a visit

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/anderton-boat-lift?gclid=CMKkyKGGnLoCFeSWtAodADEAqA

Link below to find out more about N.W.M.A.T

http://nwmat1.wix.com/nwmat#

No comments:

Post a Comment