Tuesday 15 October 2013

A walk on the Panorama - 18.7.2013



After I had been with camera club members to help put up the exhibition for the Fringe Festival, It was too much of a nice sunny day to go straight home. I had wanted to go for a walk on the peaceful Panorama before the darkness and cold of winter set in. The weather was still as hot as ever and luckily I had brought my iced drink with me and my hiking stick. I wanted to explore higher up, as for so long I had walked the same path.









I hadn't realised that there was a path right on the top of here. When the weather is better I will go and explore further.



 Dinas Bran was clearly visible from a different angle



I liked the way the bark had formed a twisted look, so I decided to also capture the image in monochrome  shown below to see if it would give a different mood to the image.






This sheep was trying to shelter from the heat of the day






The image above reminds me of a line in this poem

Two Fragments by Sappho

Love holds me captive again
and I tremble with bittersweet longing

As a gale on the mountainside bends the oak tree
I am rocked by my love



The mark in the tree reminded me of a side profile of William Shakespeare; I have included an image below for comparison.









No comments:

Post a Comment