Monday 14 October 2013

Chester Zoo 8.7.2013


I had wanted to visit the zoo for some years and hadn't done so since my purchase of a SLR camera. I was excited at being able to capture the animals close up with now having a longer range lens.

With my bag full of camera equipment and a packed lunch we headed off for the day. The heat from our great summer was already starting to be felt at our arrival at opening time at 10 am. Although there were large queues and many school children also visiting, we seemed to get through very quickly. 

With map in hand  and not wanting to miss seeing anything Lucy and I tried to make some sort of plan to our tour.







This is to commemorate a new birth.



Mother Sithami with her new baby

http://www.chesterzoo.org/must-sees/zoo-news/baby-elephant-born-2013




As the lion lay sleeping in the shade I wanted to take this image to show the size of his paws. 



This zebra looks so sad to me trying to find  comfortable shade.




I like the expression on this female tiger; she looks very protective of her new cubs as the crowd want to get a glimpse them.










This cheeky one loves to pose for the cameras!

Strange yes I know, but I couldn't help putting a voice over to him; to me I could hear him say "Oi! Over here... is it better if I stand up straighter? How's this? I think it's my best side. See Nana. I told you I'd become famous. Maybe I can get a  role in Happy Feet"" 








The aquarium area was another place we explored. I especially liked the seahorses but was unable to capture the image I wanted to show the beauty of this creature. 


















This is a favourite of mine as I capture the bird having a doze in the heat of the day.

















Another youngster at the zoo 






I found myself staring at tree branches for ages as these animals were so small and difficult to spot, until Lucy pointed them out to me.



I couldn't decide which of these 3 images to put in so here they all are.











This was one of the last places we went in as the day had gone so fast and we were all being called to exit the zoo. It was a great experience in here as it was  open and the butterflies were flying freely around us. In total awe I walked through this area trying to capture an image of these beautiful insects. 













These flowers are so tiny about as big as your thumb but beautiful. I wanted to capture this image with the sun highlighting the red and green and also the shadow.




The day was a very hot and tiring one. Somehow we still had missed within the 7 hrs seeing other areas within the zoo. We had stopped in one of the many places you can eat your packed lunches. I had bought many drinks to quench my thirst and even managed to have a welcomed caffeine fix at one of the cafes. I had enjoyed the day and had many images to look through and we even just about managed a quick look in the shop before we left.  



for more on Chester zoo link is below

http://www.chesterzoo.org/?gclid=CP2egZWdgLoCFRMftAodbScAQw











No comments:

Post a Comment