Wednesday 16 October 2013

Grosvenor Garden Center 7.8.2013



I had wanted to go to the garden center to have a look at their book section. Not wanting to go on my own I had asked a uni friend if they wanted to come with me. I had remembered that they had a cafe section and thought it would be nice to have something to eat out, as I always welcome eating out as my culinary skills are not of my liking. Luckily we had just made it in time before the lunch period was over. I had one of my favorites for lunch which was tuna jacket potato and salad. I had brought for this trip out my old digital camera which was a very basic 3 mega pixel. 




I was delighted to see more chimney designs which I liked. There was also what I saw as an added bonus of a angel flying in between in a cloud form in the middle.




I had eventually found after much smelling, the roses that my Taid (grandad) had growing in his garden. At this find at the time I found myself inhaling, unawares, the scent to enhance my childhood memories into images in my mind's eye. 




Nature has a beautiful colour palette of it's own.




The coils of fern waiting to unravel to show its splendour










As always I couldn't decide between the next 4 images below so I have included them all.























In the image above I like what I see as a smiling face in the middle.







Inside I was taken by some of the items on sale and liked the character of them. I expect that by now I was getting some strange looks but oblivious to everything around me I had even rearranged the above image so the eared owls were more balanced out.



As for the books I came to look for, the section of the shop was being altered and was closed, but I had still come away from the visit with the delicious lemon biscuits and many images of the flowers.



As you may be aware I am a cloud watcher that the inner child within likes to play by finding images. This image above is two in one. The top part looks like a cow's neck and head, which somehow reminded me of the laughing cow advert. Whereas below it in a strange way I see the side profile of Albert Einstein. Maybe you see something else??



The images above are just for reference to what I saw in the clouds. 

http://www.grosvenorgardencentre.co.uk/


Before coming back we made a quick stop at Eccleston to have a look around the church which also has  attached to it  a  Private, Grosvenor cemetery.


I liked the light and shadow on what I saw as a heart shaped door handle.





Before we left we bumped into one of the church yard keepers, who told us about the history of the church.  



No comments:

Post a Comment