Monday 28 October 2013

Fairground rides July 2013


I was on two minds to post these images onto a blog;  I changed my mind because the bright colours have a kind of feel good factor about them and I liked the look of  the rides  in images.

This is a mixture of two  small fairs and I didn't take many images as there were children about. There are so many beautiful, innocent  images I see as a photographer of children that I have wanted to capture but haven't. Children engaged in laughing, playing with their siblings, building sandcastles and just being children with their witty ways. I feel in today's society it is a shame that I as a photographer, who just wants to capture these innocent moments feels awkward due to the actions of those who take advantage of such precious innocent situations.  








This is the favourite out of the two for me, it's the metallic colours with the sky in the back ground.


 I wanted to take these in sepia as they have a nostalgic feel to them. Hobby horses  give me happy memories of when my grandparent would take me to Rhyl on day trips as a child. I'd wave to my Nain ( Gran ) every time I passed her with big smiles on our faces. 




That child within us we all have just wanted to have a ride on this 




I liked these too and wanted to go on it. In a small way it  took me back to the tv program 'Chips' 




This  ride was giving me motion sickness just watching and photographing it 









I'm still wanting to create an image with this ride at night, in a " trail light" style




This image I was originally going to delete, but had a last minute change of heart as I liked the rich red with the blue in the sky. It was one of those accidental images we all take from time to time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment