Tuesday 15 October 2013

Llangollen Eisteddfod opening Street parade 9.7.2013



This was a great day! When I arrived I had taken a stroll down to the railway taking some pics. I was then met by some uni. friends and we went for lunch at Fouzi's - my favourite place to eat in Llangollen. Later we went looking around a few shops before heading down to the river for a sit down and  where we took more photos. We all headed to find a good photo position on the pavement where I bumped into another uni. friend. Time passed slowly as we all waited for the parade to start.  



A view of the Galnrafon Evangelical Church 


The start of the Parade marks the 67th International Musical Eisteddfod



Click on the link below to see a short, live version of the parade

Llangollen International Eisteddfod 2013 Parade of Nations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCxUTx4GBKc









































Human rights campaigner Terry Waite has hailed the contribution of the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod in helping to give world peace a chance.

 comment above was  taken from  North Wales Daily Post 





After seeing this chap all I could hear in my ears was the song 'Go Compare .... When in doubt check it out'.  I'm sure this is Wynn Evans?














Once the parade had finished we walked a short distance so I could get my caffeine fix, where we waited until it was time to meet another friend.  After a short time and crossed text messages I finally found my friend. I said my goodbyes to the other two as I started the next part of the evening with my friend.We went for a walk along the river and then I took them to eat in Fouzi's. We then decided to go  to The Corn Mill pub and sit on the decking above the river Dee where we caught up before heading home. 



I couldn't resist this image as they also wait patiently with the crowd


A breif history of the Llangollen Eisteddfod

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/objects/R3yFHXzpR8We-AHerU8qBA






No comments:

Post a Comment