Friday 25 May 2012

Portrait ( 5 of 7 )

Portrait

The aim of this brief was to take images in and out of the studio environment called ( formal and informal portraiture ), to show the spirit of the individual. I initially found this brief as a challenge as I didn't know who to use so that I could capture their character and do the images justice that were to be produced. After much deliberation I had found the perfect candidate in my mother, as she has so many hobbies and interests as well as liking going out for picnics!  I felt that it would be great to capture what is not a hobby but a daily task in hovering and dusting the house. I wanted to make this into something comical as an element in relation to her humourous side. Between us we came up with a list that could be achieved in and out of the studio environment. Although many images were taken some I felt worked better than others and this was due to me not assessing lighting conditions properly when in the kitchen taking shots. The light from the window behind her became overpowering and darkened the image too much and the focal point was spoilt by having so much light. This was an oversight on my behalf, which was a shame really as there were many images that I had taken where I had been very happy with the composition.






Portrait images chosen

The 8 images chosen I feel capture the hobbies, humour, the closeness of their relationship and characters very well. So the breakdown of them is simply, the hobbies of knitting and bead making, the love of being with her husband and how their humour can rebound off each other, going for short walks depending on how she feels on the day, the cleaning routine, the love of summer family outing and peace of mind of having a picnic packed for us all!  Lastly - food shopping  brings contentment to her in knowing that food can be planned and then prepared.




I have made the decision not to include these images because they are for family viewing only. (  Uni examiners will know where to access these images )



No comments:

Post a Comment