Friday 25 May 2012

Photo essay/ editorial ( 1 of 7 )

Photo essay/ editorial


This was a great experience as I had wanted to photograph and research many of the sculptures that I had seen around the area for a long time, but as ever, time can sometimes be one of those things that we don't always use to come back to what we wanted if for in the first place so to speak! I grabbed this opportunity to educate myself more and to fill in those burning questions about the sculptures that I had myself. The down side I found to some of them was not always getting the image that I had imagined and this was more so with that of the Oswestry Border Farmer. The light on the day sometimes created a problem for me capturing the image as well as the sun obscuring some aspects . I did however manage to accomplish the task without the distraction of shoppers in the background! The other problem I came up against is that I didn't want to replicate the images that were already taken of the sculptures. I took pleasure in participating in  this task as I have been able to educate  and draw other people's attention to the sculptures and why they are there. I have also printed out larger images of those sculptures featured that I used to show more detail.
















Please note


The information researched to accompany my images were taken from various websites.
The article was written as a uni brief, my only personal gain was to look at these modern sculptures in more depth and to be able to draw people's attention to them. My other personal accomplishment was in educating others as to what they represent. 






My images up close

























 






















No comments:

Post a Comment