Friday 25 May 2012

Modern Masters ( 3 of 7 )

Modern Masters other images taken

When we were given this brief, although I had researched many images, my mind set was stuck on the image of the 'Laughing Cavallier'. I knew that Jim had in his possession these different outfits. His kilt is a new addition as it is his own clan's pattern,which he is proud of. The different outfits also gave me the chance to experiment the pose in different ways. Finding the best one that replicated the pose the best. I was also was still trying to think of different tag lines that I could apply and what product would go with the chosen image.








Comparing image to painting

This image I placed next to the painting for comparison of pose and expression. The background colour was changed to try and keep it running with the theme.



Modern masters with tag line selection

The tag line was chosen in keeping with the cowboy theme as it is known to be associated with "The Duke", John Wayne. Although there is some debate wether he did say the original line in the film True Grit or was a quote made up by comedians about the man in question!
Whatever -  It seemed an appropriate line to recreate and change the word " milk" to "beer" for the purpose of advertising the new range of Carling beer which Jim has taken to. I must add that once I had tried it I too much prefer it, as it's not so heavy as Carling!!
I experimented with moving the tag around in different places and used a mixture of capital and bold typography with an outlined shadow and the tried to incorporate the colours of his waistcoat into the design. Some seemed more over powering than others.





Modern Masters chosen


I chose this image because I was satisfied where I had placed the logo for Carling Chrome - it didn't seem to clash with the white of the shirt or get lost in the photo. When I had experimented with just a solid colour it seemed to overpower the whole image and became the main focus which I didn't want. I then toned down the orangy red and placed the white shadowy border around the lettering to create a kind of separation but at the same time look as if it was a part of the image. I wanted to make use of the open space to the right so as not to obscure the image and make it look cluttered. Lastly the word "beer"  - due to the advert I wanted to place an emphasis on the word which I feel works well.

















No comments:

Post a Comment