Friday 25 May 2012

CD cover ( 6 of 7)



CD/album
The creation of this became an "eureka" moment although I had done much research on album covers and had thought due to the constant rain that my final images would have been in that category. On the morning that I went out to take these images for some reason my mind had wondered off into thinking about creating photos of bubbles, in what shape or form I hadn’t quite decided. I then turned to my bedroom for inspiration due to the fact that I like relaxing gadgets. I then found what I can only think to describe as bubble tubes and gel kind of like egg timers, I instantly decided on what images I wanted to produce. I had done a complete opposite turn to where I was originally heading.



The two CD covers used







Other images taken
Once I had arrived at my destination again I found the sun was toying with me, so I in the end had 1hr where it had escaped the cloud that was smothering it before it again disappeared. These images are taken from my different gadgets that I had taken with me, for my idea of a relaxation CD cover. Some ideas worked much better than others, I guess it’s the trial and error situation. The London image was another idea that I had for The Clash and London’s calling.












Images taken

There is a mixture of two lots of images some are before enhancement, on a few this may be hard to spot especially on the purple image some is lighter than others. On some other images shown there are also borders which are white as an experiment.














Other CD/album covers made

I then went on to make an assortment of covers with different writing styles on them to see which worked the best as a title. This lead me to produce 2 images to see what they would actually look like as covers on an actual CD case. The covers made are not intended to offend the creators of the original album cover; it was purely an exercise to see what our creativity would come up with.








The chosen CD/album cover
I chose this cover as my final image for many reasons, I liked the style of writing and the colour seemed to match well with the image and the existing blue. The soft focus is tended to draw your eye into the centre bubbles which are more crisp and clear. I had initially thought the image had worked well and the bubbles inside represented the inner peace and energy, may be it can also misinterpreted as being quite busy. It could just of well have worked just as good for the Chill out cover, the bubbles could represent a dream and relaxed state of mind. I have also produced an image of what this would also look like on a real CD cover. 












No comments:

Post a Comment