Friday 25 May 2012

Camera Club day out 20.5.2012




I had wanted to go with Camera Club for a day out altogether since I had joined, but between one thing and another it hadn't been possible. Previously we had discussed where we all would like to go and it was then decided that we would all venture out to Chester for the day. The day arrived and I picked up another member and then  we arrived at the 2nd pick up spot to meet Debbie. I know this must sound a little confusing - it's just that Chester is one of the destinations that I don't drive to, I get confused as to which lane to change into for the town centre - in time I will conquer this.
As the 3 of us walked up to meet the others under the clock I chuckled to myself as it reminded me of the Boots' advert and the song of the " The girls are back in town" instead of the boys! To onlookers we looked like obvious undercover police or that we were" touting for business" which we laughed about. Debbie had already made us laugh by adding that we should all of had a red carnation in our lapels as it also looked like we were going on blind dates. So we went for a walk down the Street and back as we were early. The meeting time was for 11.am but true to his reputation of being late the other 2 came  just as we we were about to give up and carry on with the day. The two of them had been waylaid by taking photos without us!
As ever we must have had that doubtful look on our faces , so images of a beautiful white horse was produced for proof. Due to circumstances of other group members there was only 5 of us and first things first  - refreshments of a coffee hit for me! Full of jokes and innuendos we walked around and found a place to sit down outside, the morning was refreshing and sunny-  it reminded me of when I was in Paris sitting outside on the sidewalk sitting and drinking coffee. The camera club group are such a great bunch of individuals to be with as everyone is so relaxed and down to earth when we are all together we ache from laughing so much.
We all then decided that we would take a walk around the walls and go from there. We all looked so funny as if we had just arrived as tourists visiting the city for the first time.





A beautiful cherub face






The pigeon spikes look in a small way like a crown




The first of many chimneys




Old steps





I liked the shine and designs of the balustrade











This reminded me of Micky mouse, besides I like balloons




Could I have found the key to the City?






I was taken by the silver colour on the oak door 







We all became consumed by this view - after a little while we all laughed as the bird was just sunbathing and was actually fine.






Still on the City walls




We were all on track!







I liked the lamp design







I couldn't help but see the beauty of repetition in the scaffolding










More chimneys






Whoops! Again with the cathedral peeking behind!







I just liked the colour and shape







I had never been so close to a crane before - I thought it looked cool







One of many windows on the wall walk





This reminded us of one of the old chocolate box covers






Silhouette of a squirrel in a tree




I found this interesting




There is beauty in many things to me





We were looking back at the Watergate clock just in time to see this tourist bus










Amazing chimney!






Nice  unusual design on the bank wall





A different design







This reminded me of Coronation Street - the long running soap





There were many cool motor bikes







I liked the design of the ice-cream kiosk






" 3 little ducks went swimming one day "





We had walked to the river area and time had run away with us  - it was at least 2.30 and lunch time. We walked down to the Blue Moon cafe. I hadn't been here before but inside it was amazing with 50s and 60s memorabilia on the walls. I went back in before we left to have a closer look as there was so much for my eyes to take in a one glance. We had all decided to sit outside again as the weather was being kind to us. When we had finished it was time to make our way back to the car and home again.







On the way back we made a detour and stopped off at Eccleston, the effigies are from the grave of Edward George Hugh Grosvenor, Earl Grosvenor, (1904-1909). He died following an operation for appendicitis, aged 4 years 3 months.





Aperture Camera Club 

come and join us 


LLangollen photographic club is attended by a small group of dedicated local photographers.

The group meets every 2nd Thursday in the month
7.30 pm - 9.30 pm
At the Rafa club,
Canalside Gardens,
      LLangollen. 





To find out more see below







No comments:

Post a Comment