Monday 16 May 2011

The music video

                                                             The music video.


This was the last assignment that I completed. I had initially envisioned a total different outcome. I am grateful to all of those who helped me on this project, as my knowledge of programs and how to get what I want out of them without taking a week's trip to arrive at where I want to be, would have been a distinct possibility. I'd have been awake all weekend getting no where!
             It was really great to be able to get together with an old friend David who I always like to collaborate with. Somehow we understand our strange  way of communicating.We had spent previously many hours compiling tunes and on some tracks using samples off others' music.
  Due to technical problems we were not able to make a soundtrack with vocals. I have always liked Eurythmics' acoustic version of " You have placed a chill in my heart " and also many of Alison Moyet's other acoustic arrangements. I had hoped to produce my interpretation of something that was acoustic in sound. Secondly the other hic-cup was that we were not able to get a connection from the camcorder to the laptop. Although in the past I have made many films to music by plugging in and out sockets into the stereo and then taping onto a video - Technology has progressed and I am therefore a little behind in connecting up and achieving what I'd like to achieve in the new digital world.
             Despite this early Friday abrupt start to the weekend I had come up with a backup plan. This was influenced by snippets that I had seen on Sky's "The Landscape " channel. Instead of moving images to classical music or panpipes arrangements of well known music, I had decided to use our piece of music which I felt was a feel good piece of music to chill to, with something visually relaxing. The next idea was to incorporate some of my own photography images.
We called the piece of music we created "Sunshine" and I searched through my photos to find suitable visuals which would give an added feeling of relaxation. I used Picasa, with some help and guidance, to match sound to vision.
I am happy with the result and it has inspired me to explore this media further. I will need to progress a little more with using the digital technology because I have an idea of matching up some of my films of mining  industrial building with a music backing track and possibly will be able to develop this further during the holidays.          

No comments:

Post a Comment