Monday 16 May 2011

Comments and pics on the last module pack ( assignments completed ) part 3

                                          

                                             Filming in Talacre for the film The Wrong Way.



                                                 

                                              I think it was too cold and early for everyone!
                                                                     "Where is Sue" ?






Inside what is referred to as "The Grotto"




                                                           Can you spot Sue at the end?



                                                           One of the entrances - exits.



                                                     A shelving area made out of many things such as
                                           shells and quartz in what we refer to as " The Shell Room"



                                                   The room with no roof  leading to the grotto

     Summary of filming

Filming in Talacra was cool, due to the fact it was somewhere I had never come across or seen anything like it before. I also became a small accomplishment for me that it was another place I could drive to without navigation. In many ways it was not what I had envisioned it to be like in my mind, due to the verbal descriptions I had been given. Luckily it was less scary than my mind had conjured up. It was a great find of Gemma's as a location. I don't think anywhere else would of given the same atmosphere.
                                        Horror is a genre of films that I had stayed away from, due to the fact that the types of films I watch and like are about cool cars like "The Fast and Furious", psychological thrillers, action, marshal arts and true life. The fact of being in a creative art school means that you have the opportunity to explore areas that are out of your comfort zone. This in hindsight was an excellent chance to dip my toe into these waters. I enjoyed being a part of the team, I especially enjoyed using my particular interests and talents to hopefully enhance the project.
                                       For this project I spent quite a bit of time behind the camera, so it resulted in an improvement in my skills in that department.  I also kept an eye on continuity which was something that I enjoyed due to my organised nature.  Even from behind the camera, I was involved with several scenes - for example, in one scene, Dave is dragged away - although off camera I was there to break his fall!
                        Post production, having been given a list of sound effects  and music needed, I was solely responsible for finding and recording them - this involved good communication between myself, and Gemma & Sue, who were doing the film editing. Communication in fact was a very large and important factor through this whole project, as it was the biggest production of this sort that we had ever tackled. From the early planning stages, through to the very end, it was good to have the constant exchange of ideas and feed back between myself, Sue, Gemma and Dave.
                        Another good part of the experience was seeing how we dealt with Dave's absence, for most of the post production stage, due to his being away for 3 weeks on honeymoon - even though we missed him it was a good example of our team work in that we all pulled together.
                

During the making of the film, we began to discuss having a group name and logo. Sue came up with '4Sight', as a name, and I immediately could envisage an eye forming part of the logo.  I came up with the following design, as a basis for how we could develop the logo.




                                                       This is the design that I came up with.



                                                                    Sue added colour.




                                   Sue neatened it up and then played with the fonts on photoshop.


                                   


Gemma then developed it into this.








Working in a team.



Working as a team is something that I have never really been to good at, even when I was in the outside world of the working environment. I feel lucky to be a part of a group that doesn't seem to have a negative attitude towards my difficulties. Despite this I deliver what is asked and required of me. I feel that as individuals within a group we all bring different skills, this is a more balanced way that a team can work. Ideas and suggestions can be made an are looked at, discussed and sometimes incorporated if the team feels that they could work. Within the dynamics of any team problems can arise, I feel that it is due to the environments that our team members have previously been a part of helps to enhances the lines of communication.
I have learnt on this shoot that my continuity skills need to be sharper. Trial and error of using a recorder with a tripod. Each film is like sipping a fine wine each sip gets better. strangely how to drive to Talacra in rush hour with thick soup fog. The importance of how glue holds a team together and finally how I need to relax and enjoy the experience more.   
                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment