Friday 3 March 2017

Hot Air Balloon Festival Llangollen - 16.9.2016


I had been looking forward to this event for a long time as it hasn't been held in Llangollen for a few years, with munchies packed and camera in hand I was ready for the day. I was also lucky enough to spend a few hours with my cousin and her partner before they went home.The falconry display and show was excellent I spent ages photographing the birds.



Eagle 



Northern white faced owl 



Barn owl



Tawny owl




Sparrowhawk



Long eared owl


In the middle arena stunts were also performed



Llangllen's Mayor and Mayoress visited the event



                             Parachuting out of a hot air balloon was spectacular to watch 












Spectators on Dinas Bran Castle



Many great colorful balloons to see


































Inflating the balloons before take off 









I like to photograph the pavilion because of the metal structure on it.



Graffiti by the refreshments area







Miniature hot air balloons inside the pavilion 





The great finale of the Saturday evening balloons lighting up to music followed by brilliant fireworks.















1 comment: