Sunday 26 February 2017

Oswestry Hillfort - 20.1.2016


I was lucky enough to bump into Diana Baur and be asked if I wanted to join her and others in an exhibition about the hillfort in Oswestry. This was to be held in the Heritage and Exhibition Center in early February. I had asked my friend Basia if she would like to join me on photographing the fort. Although the sun was shinning it was a bitterly cold day with nippy winds. Despite this it was such a beautiful day and perfect conditions with lovely long winter shadows and blue skies.We were even lucky to see birds of prey riding the wind and hovering ready for its kill.




I took this image because I wanted to include the sheep on the landscape which enhanced the view.



It was very tranquil looking over the Cheshire plains through the winters skeleton trees.






More sheep on the top of the hillfort.



I loved the colours and how nature had started to reclaim the fence.






Another view overlooking the Cheshire plains.





I liked how something so simplistic made a nice image.






When taking this image I had decided to take it in black and white as I wanted to try and make it look exactly how it was. This hopefully shows the frost clinging to the leaves.


It was crucial for me to produce images for the exhibition that gave the hillfort justice to the importance it holds to history.





I thought this image would make a good panoramic shot, I like how the one sheep is looking back from them all.



These are the steps to walk up to the top of the fort.



This image is one of my favorites as I like the colours and the hint of water in the ditch.












                                   for more information on the hillfort see below

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/old-oswestry-hill-fort/history/






No comments:

Post a Comment