Sunday 26 February 2017

Oswestry 31.1.2016


Oswestry is a great small town, I prefer to visit hear than the nearest town to me. It has lots of quaint little allies and great cheep parking, many of the shops are not a long distance away from each other. If like me you like the charity shops there are lots of those. Know for being a market town that opens every Wednesday or if its galleys you like to visit it has two.There is also the Heritage and Exhibition Center where you can also get a bite to eat if you wish and beutiful home made cakes you can buy. 
On this particular day I had arrived early and had decided to take a walk around the closest parts of the town. I do need to go back and explore the photographic opportunity's on the other side away from the shops.There is so much to this town that you see in one visit.




This is one of those quaint alleyways. 




I wanted to photograph this in sepia to give it a nostalgic look.






















              Beyond the gate as above,  I couldn't decide which of these images to put up.



For this image I likes the simplicity of the baber shop sign combined with the lights and lamp.



I liked the colour of the red brick in this building it reminded me of Dennis's of Ruabon, who is famous for producing the red bricks.



This is my favourite building in Oswestry, I like the design of it and worn colour look.



These three images are on the outside of my favorite building. It would be good to find out what they resemble.
























For some unknown reason I have a fascination with post and telephone boxes. I try to find the name on the post boxes from VR- Queen Victoria, GR- George and ER 11 - Queen Elizabeth 2nd many of them have different designs. Unfortunately I was a little too late to photograph the gold boxes for the Olympics.



                         For info on Oswestry see below


http://www.oswestry-welshborders.org.uk/oswestry/oswestry-town-markets-shopping/



No comments:

Post a Comment