Friday 13 April 2012

My overall view on Creative Futures ( 1 and 2 ) in 2012




The week of lectures


MMM... what can I say?  Like others I attended many of the lectures. I chose some due to the course I an currently on, others I thought would be of benefit and finally because I thought they would be interesting to listen to.There are a few that I was disappointed in for many reasons.

  • Delivery - It was spoken in ways such as too fast, tone of voice, lacked enthusiasm.
  • Content - There were no added visuals, sometimes if there were I found them mundane.
  • Interest - Information wasn't applicable to me.

There was so much that I did like and found interesting, I think that like everything in life there are many areas where there is information to be dissected and then knowledge gained. I think this also depends on the individual's interests. Me, I just like to learn and gain an insight into whatever is presented to me; my down side is that it has to be delivered in a certain way to enable me to take the information in other wise I become restless and overwhelmed with information and it gets lost in translation. That is why I like to record such lectures so I can revisit  them and re - digest at my own speed.  I can press the pause button, have a walk around and come back to them refreshed and regain my concentration.The down side to this is that unless I remember the slides and film I have seen, then these parts of the lectures are lost. 

It would be hard for me and boring for the reader if I broke it down into every little detail what I did like and learn, so here is a small over view of them.



What I liked

  • The bio on the renowned William Shakespeare and how he was not the man I had pictured in my mind. To hear of how he started out and even back then there were obstacles to be overcome. How in a world of non modern technology he managed to still be remembered  400 years after his death and many still enjoy his plagiarised plays. Even how with all of our advanced equipment we are able to bring them into different formats for all ages to enjoy and learn about.
  • Seeing and hearing about past students, how they have started their own business and carried on with their passions inside and to be able to now work with them and share it with others.Truly inspirational.
  • The work that goes on in the Galleries around us, how art gets created and shared with so many individuals, through learning, workshops and the benefits children and adults can get through this. Benefits in being with like minded people, not feeling isolated and learning through doing and experimenting rather than sitting and hearing, the hands on approach.
  • How there is funding available to help and enable you to carry on with your creativity, contacts that can be made and the information given to the questions we may all ask ourselves at on time or another.
This year for me was different than last year but I still enjoyed  being able to absorb the information like a sponge.







London Industries visits






The London Trip; what can I say?....... I was really excited to be going for so many reasons. A chance to have a peek into the industries that we always see the end result from,to gain knowledge on how the images and programs we see are created. To be able to see the teams of people that are behind it all and what each of there rolls are.


I took a lot away with me from this trip and was able  to gain more knowledge into the equipment and techniques that are used  before we see the end product. How the change to modern technology has enhanced the way we now view things in films that aren't necessarily there, such as green screen and VFX.How painstaking it is to re -digitise  and clean old movies. This comes with a possibility for new generations to be able to discover the past and also learn how we have progressed in the world.


I was able to hear how many can and have worked their way up in the companies and what it has entailed for them and  advice in what paths others can take to be able to have a chance to work in the industry.  I was able to see inside studios and how what we see on TV is just an illusion to how it really looks. I was also enlightened on  how the news we see has had so much input with graphics and film etc. The other aspect was that most of the people we met and saw were and had been where we were and it gave hope and possibility to the fact  that goals are not always unreachable and how at the end of the day sometimes we can be our own worst enemies and hold ourselves back. Success starts from within, in attitude and determination.





Images taken off various web sites for illustration purposes only









No comments:

Post a Comment