Tuesday 24 January 2012

Fantastic Fruit ( 4 0f 4 )



Fantastic Fruit

I had many ideas for this image, but as time went on nothing materialised. I was waiting for that frame of mind together with excitement in what I was going to photo!
I had looked at close-up images of fruit as visual research and initially I had liked this idea and with fruit ready for the shoot I proceeded. There was so much to explore with my choice. I firstly started off with the bowl of fruit in soft light. Textures of the skin were the next lot of images I started to take, some before and after being cut in half. The succulence of the fruit was something I also wanted to capture.
The other ideas were combining fruits, fruit with shadows appearing on the black surface and finally a mixture of all of the fruits and colours on the chopping board. I also tried many different light angles to try and capture just the right amount for visual effect. The collage created shows 13 images of techniques I used.











Selection of 13 images











Final 3







These are the three it came down to for choice. My intention for all of the assignments has been to be original, also try to think outside the box. I’m not too sure if I accomplished that here but maybe placed a twist on them?
I found it hard at first to be able to choose one out of the three. I liked the light and detail on all of them. I think the black background definitely helped me to achieve the outcome.











Chosen image





I choose this final image for so many reasons!
*the sharp detail in the outer skin, and seeds.
*the juiciness draws you in from the sides into the centre.
*the small details of light that glisten on the seeds and glaze.
*the idea of the larger it is printed the more detail you can see.
*it reminds me of the sun and summer.

With nature, it can be so easily taken for granted. They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think that if the beholder is mostly living life in the fast lane, then they are surely going to always miss the wonderful details of the surrounding world that they are a part of. I also like the concept that as a photographer we are privileged to be able to see things and the world differently and in a little more detail than possibly the average person. It is not until we draw others’ attention to such things do they then stop, think and really view the world around them.
Just like the saying "HEARING BUT NOT LISTENING” it then becomes looking but not seeing.




No comments:

Post a Comment