Wednesday 9 July 2014

Oswestry my Exhibition at the Visitor and Exhibition Centre - 3.6.2014




This was my second solo exhibition in Oswestry. The building and atmosphere of the place has a homely feeling, and an added bonus is that I often eat here. I always enjoy the food, how it is prepared and presented.  




Having met Sue Miller last year I was delighted that she wanted me to exhibit my photography as I had viewed many other artists work here when I have visited the Exhibition Centre.







My exhibition was arranged to include architecture, montages (which is also known as joiners) and church window laminates. Sue had suggested the idea of displaying the church window image on laminates. I was excited about this prospect as I haven't seen my work produced in many other formats. 





I find exhibiting my photography exciting, as previously my work would be stored to my external hard drive and wouldn't be seen by many people. Through exhibitions my work has an audience, where they can have an insight into what interests me in our surroundings, and maybe perceive it in a different way.    

Thank you to all mentioned below, for their help and support with this exhibition

Sue Miller

Anthea Landon and her husband

Phil - Eton Framers

Carolyn Argyle 

Basia 

Anthea Landon also exhibited her work


I met Anthea whilst photographing the Wrexham area Helfa Gelf in 2012, as a member of The North Wales Film and Photography Collective.We have remained good friends ever since and continue to help each other within our chosen medias. 
Anthea's display was wire work wall pieces and chinacolle work featured below.

We are both again in Helfa Gelf this year 2014,where more of our work will be on display and available to buy.   









No comments:

Post a Comment