Friday 12 April 2013

My Exhibition and others at the Willow Gallery 16.3.2013





Last year, I had the task of covering Helfa Gelf, (Wrexham area) 2012 for The Collective. This is where I first made contact with Anthea Landon, ( for more information and see Anthea J Landon 15.9.2012 Helfa Gelf  (8 of 16) my blog about Helfa Gelf). She is  a local, multi-talented artist .

As a result of meeting Anthea, and with her encouragement, she introduced me to the locally renowned  Willow Gallery, Oswestry. This was the impetus that I needed to fulfill a personal goal - to have an exhibition of my own photography.

Anthea has been my mentor, when planning which work I was going to exhibit and the way in which I was to go about it. She also introduced me to a local picture framer, Phil ( http://www.eytonframers.co.uk/  )  














These images are the ones that I selected to exhibit.







I found the experience a little surreal because I never thought that this event would become a reality. I wanted people to view the world through my eyes. 










Thank you so much everyone that came to the preview event and a big thank you to everyone who supported me and took time to visit the exhibition. I'm not sure that I could have done it all without you all!



Rhythm
and
 Dynamics Exhibition 
The Willow Gallery

17th March to 1st June

Preview – Saturday 16th March 11am- 2pm


The Willow Gallery is delighted to invite you to the opening of our eagerly awaited Rhythm and Dynamics Exhibition.

This vibrant exhibition will be showcasing work from a variety of local artists. It will be a celebration of movement, music, energy and the natural world expressed in a wide range of media, including sculpture, oils, ink, acrylic, pastels, collage and photography.

Rhythm and Dynamics will be running for eleven weeks. Keep an eye on how the exhibition develops as new work will be on show at different intervals. In this first stage of the exhibition we will be featuring work by Bridget McLaren, Dawn Field, Des Jones, Jean Napier, Jenny Jones, Jim Heath, Katharine Laird, Llewellyn Cumings, Malcolm Tillis and Stephanie Jacobs.

Come and join us for the preview on Saturday 16th March from 11am to 2pm to get inspired and meet some of the exhibiting artists.





The other Artists and there work 












































Jim Heath













Katharine  Laird







































Stephanie Jacobs

















Llewellyn Cumings




















Malcolm Tillis













link below for more info on the Willow Gallery.




http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/The-Willow-Gallery/130124760382300?ref=stream&viewer_id=0



No comments:

Post a Comment