Friday 12 April 2013

Bryn Howel - LLangollen - 18.12.2012






A photography opportunity came to uni, just before Christmas. I was asked if I would like this job to do, bearing in mind that it was likely to be unpaid. I saw this as a chance to gain professional experience, both doing the photographing and talking with the client to find out what they wanted from the brief.











I met with one of the senior staff and she explained what they wanted: that they were updating their brochures, in particular their wedding brochure. The images above are my selected ones because they wanted to show the building and it's style.














The images above and below were of the surrounding grounds and The Bryn Howel themselves felt they were an important feature for any prospective bridal venue.





Another selling feature of the venue are the views towards Llangollen, Dinas Bran and The Panorama Walk. 







Above is the view looking into the main dining area in the window reflections it is just possible to see the surrounding mountains.











The above vista is taken from the wooden balcony adjacent to the garden.







I was asked to take photos of the function room as it was already set up for Christmas dining. It was important for the images to show the capacity of the room.




























I wanted to also focus people's attention on viewing the hotel from the nearby canal. The canal is a local, historic waterway and is used extensively.










I did some research before going to The Bryn Howel and it was important for me to put my own interpretation into the results, making sure that they were not just a repeat of other people's work style.





I was a little disappointed to find out that the brochure mentioned has been put on hold, because there were other internal areas of the hotel that were required  and I would have liked the opportunity to finish the project.
I am hopeful that the hotel will get back to me at a later date.






 See the link below for more info




No comments:

Post a Comment