Thursday 1 March 2012

Chirk Snowdrop Walk 29.2.2011



I had woken up early to find the morning dull and misty; the duvet was pulled up and then snuggled back into my moulded feather pillow and I went back to sleep! The ring of the phone woke me - a friend had rung me to see if I wanted to go to Chirk and do the "Snowdrop Walk" that had cropped up in conversation a week before. This was something that I had wanted to do for a while but like everything else was never done! Although in saying that I had gone to Chirk to see the daffodil display with my family last year.
I was slowly recovering from being in a deep sleep so with a promise of  good weather in the afternoon, arrangements were made to meet in Chirk at 1.PM
  
The weather men had for a change got it right and it was a pleasure to be out experiencing the day. Strangely, the next day  would be the last official time for seeing  the display of snowdrops and I could  have  missed it for another year.  Together with the sound of chirping birds, the eerie echo of the buzzards riding in the windless sky , underwings glinting white against the   blue,  and the hot rays of sunbeams beating down, there  was a tranquil feel to the day and I was happy not to be at home missing out on the experience.





I liked the light on the neck of the sculpture






The Howard de Waldens introduced four bronze statues of naked nymphs. These were modelled by Antonio Luchessi, a leading sculptor of the Victorian age.





One of two sundials in the garden, which I was shown how to read much to my delight! I have always been intrigued by these,unfortunately it was set to British summer time.






















 Star Wars CP30






Star Wars Jar Jar?




























Elephant tree with arms?








View from the woods









I liked the bark pattern on the tree








A better shot of the trunk of the tree



















                                         This reminded me of a Chinese dragon







Carpets of white snowdrops















A lonely snowdrop








View through the woods I liked blue sky and the greens







More carpets of snowdrops
















I really liked the light reflecting on the trees with the blue sky beyond











1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures Dawn, made up you got to see the snowdrops :)

    ReplyDelete