Thursday 1 March 2012

Abergele 26.2.2012



Sunday a.m. and the weather looked like it couldn't make its mind up as to what to do. I had promised my mother that I would take them out for the day, picnic and flasks were prepared and packed. Abakhan was where she wanted to go and have a look at the crafts section. I have become familiar with this drive and don't need my Mothers input with sat-nav directions now. I like the drive down there, through Mold and Halkyn. The scenic route we call it, and I particularly like on this route a personal landmark of a large tree at a junction, the red phone box with matching letter box, the view of the estuary and Liverpool and especially the bridge with 2 small houses on the top of it, which people live in.

Me and my step dad left my mother to it, she was happy enough being in her element looking around. We both headed towards the small market that is normally on each Sunday. We walked around the small area and headed towards the refreshments van, as I know my step dad is like me and can't resist a breakfast bap. Time quickly passed as we sat and listened to the selling banter of the meat van sales man, giving customers the best deals of the day. My mother re- joined us and we decided where we would go next, within 5minutes of me describing a place to my mother I had learnt the name of where I wanted to go. With the help of my mothers sat- nav skills we arrived at Abergele. Lunch time was calling us at 12.30 so we had fish and chips and then  Jim and I went for a short stroll along the walk way.

This was a great opportunity for family days out and I wanted to capture this element of the day; the feeling of happy family days in the sun especially as at this point the weather had decided to bless us with glimpses of blue sky and flashes of sun.


  



This is my favourite photo of the day for me as it has a kind of excitement from the child's point of view of looking at the sea maybe for the first time. The view taken from the back, draws you into the photo. I feel that it may not have worked the other way around.








                                       I couldn't decide between these 2 photos!





                                             
The first one to me has a little bit of humour because of the seagull but the second one really shows the family togetherness.














This photo shows the protectiveness of a grantparent sharing time and experiences with grandchildren.
















I like the dynamics in this photo;  everyone is looking at something else and I really like the solemn look on the dog's face .

















I liked the brick work in the design; it takes something a little mundane and turns it into something more visually pleasing.








     A little dark but  I just managed to get this shot before a mischievous child scared it off.









I just liked the colour and pattern in the seat.




After being at Abergele for a few hours the folks were tired and wanted to go home, so the picnic came back with us uneaten and became a prepared evening meal. The day had been so refreshing and gave a sense that summer days were on there way.

No comments:

Post a Comment