Monday 13 February 2012

Time lapse ( short film I made )




Time Lapse Film

I have always been fascinated by Time Lapse as initially I first saw them on wildlife programs and was taken in by what I saw as “magic”.
I hadn’t realised that they were also made by many photographic images then being made into a film. I was drawn to this project because I have wanted to be able to make a short film with this outcome for so long. I had also been astounded by short films that I had seen, especially those with cars moving fast and their lights creating the streaming effect. Whatever I was going to create I knew for sure that I wanted to incorporate a construction of my own into it.
I thought of many things that I had seen done before but I wanted to have a theme running through my own piece. This was going to be “Transport”, with a small hint of “Where there is chaos, somewhere else there is calm”. I don’t think I was able to portray some aspects that I wanted well.
It can also make you think how much we rely on varying means of transport as a method of getting around!
In the short film, I tried to make it look like it was travel over a day but I’m not too sure if the viewer would notice that. For a first attempt I am pleased with the outcome and I feel that I managed to find the right piece of music to go with the fast pace. There are some pieces of the film that I have deliberately timed to go with the music.  Previously I felt that the end of the short film was lacking an ending, now with what I have placed in as an ending it now feels complete.
I have made the collage with image stills taken from the film itself, to show examples of what footage I have shot. A mind map is also included of the idea process I used. The short film does in some areas look a little pixelated and this is due to the camera that it was filmed on and its limitations on quality outcome. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment