Monday 13 February 2012

Empathy (short film I made )








Empathy

I prepared mind maps for ideas for this short film. Industry and preserving it for future generations is much in the forefront with the trust that I am a member of. There were many villages born out of such large and small industries. In this modern world many are simply being pulled down and the land built upon. The history is then buried either on the internet or in books. It is important to record many of the stories from the generations that worked there for generations to come - it then becomes more real to hear than any book can portray. I am however not oblivious to the fact that money is behind preservation of many buildings. This then becomes another issue and topic to be spoken about.
Through film I wanted to take the viewer on a nostalgic journey, for them to try and remember their memories and stories. I wanted to show a before and after to make them think how rapidly the world around is changing. I also wanted to make them think if in the name of progress things are changed and do we benefit from them? A few years ago and still today there is great debate if the new Eagles Meadows Shopping area in Wrexham town centre was progress for the town. This was due to the fact that many shops did move and the main town became ghostly. Generations of loyal customers didn’t have health enough to walk as far to the shops which became out of town for them. That was why I made the last visuals of the film a more up to date, to compare them to the” here and now” problems that we face all in the name of progress.
I wanted to incorporate a title as a beginning and have an end that leaves you thinking. I made small post cards of each area that was covered in the short film. I also included a “How it is today” picture. All images were taken from various sites off the Internet to portray Empathy.
    














                           










No comments:

Post a Comment