Wednesday 1 May 2013

Porsches on the Prom Llandudno 28.4.2013



It was just by chance that I was told about this event. I had marked it on my calendar in BOLD letters as I did not want to miss this opportunity to see a selection of my favourite cars up close. The thought of so many cars on display was making my mouth water at the thought of so many cars being in one place at one time - such a photographic opportunity not to be missed!





The Sunday had started off very windy with the odd shower of rain but this didn't deter me from making the most of the day. We parked up across the road from the prom and I was so glad that there was no-one walking directly at the back of me because I could not contain my excitement and found myself talking aloud and ogling at all the cars. We decided lunch first in one of my favourite eating places http://www.cambridgemostyn.com/find.html My mother couldn't understand why I didn't want to go shopping and instead preferred to spend 2 or 3 hours admiring and photographing cars. The first question that sprung into my mind was "Where do I start?" - as we had arrived in the middle of the display and I didn't want to miss anything. 
























This is one of my favourite ones due to its colour and design.



















I wanted to approach this photo session as a means of trying to illustrate what makes a Porsche a Porsche and how over a period of time, the car shape has developed but still retains the essence of being a Porsche. I have looked at this aspect on other cars previously, but there is something about the curvature of the Porsche that somehow highlights it's reference to the female form and the appeal of the sensual.

















































































































The early models also made an appearance.















                                 





The video above was taken from the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cll2_GnHOwg


The link below is to the Porsche Club GB.


http://www.porscheclubgb.com/










http://www.wonderland.co.uk/llandudno/



This wooden carving is to commemorate the book Alice in Wonderland, written by Lewis Carroll.









To top the day off before I went home, despite it being windy, raining and myself and camera soaking wet, I managed to take a few snapshots of scooters that had arrived on the prom.






























No comments:

Post a Comment