Sunday 17 March 2013

N.W.M.A.T - The Goldern Pick Award Jan 2013










The North Wales Miners Association Trust (NWMAT) held its annual meeting earlier this year (2013) and a tradition is that 2 awards are handed out at this meeting. In (2010) its first year, the award of The Golden Pick Axe was awarded to Margaret for her work as Secretary for  a rapidly growing Trust and for organising the recording and archiving of documents. The other award is called The Screw Up Award and was presented to Ted McKay for telling everyone about his rare miners' lamp that turned out to be a cold weather warmer for a car engine.











This year (2013) the Screw Up award was given to Ieuan and to my amazement I was awarded The Golden Pick Axe for my involvement in recording through photography events, artifacts and documents and also making a modern copy of a transcript of a seminar.The other creations have been a slide shows to music etc. etc.
I was proud to receive the award and totally shocked. I did not expect this as I had enjoyed doing the work for them and felt that I was part of a team effort.
For the next meeting it is my choice to nominate the award to someone else.




For info on

North Wales Miners Trust
( NWMAT )







No comments:

Post a Comment