Thursday 15 December 2011

Ellesmere canel walk 1.11.20.11



I had been asked to accompany a friend on a canal walk in Ellesmere and it was a new place to me as I hadn't been on this part of the canel before. I regarded this as another adventure day especially as I hadn't driven to Ellesmere before on my own.
 This may sound strange to some but normally I am the driver while someone else is the navigator. I of course had an idea - I left the house with confidence as my guide. I had visually planned my route in my mind but when it came to the slip road on the bypass  I was going to get off. Then I had to quickly revise my plan anyhow and with another map in my mind quickly drawn up I eventually got to my destination with plenty of time to spare. With this extra time I was able to ask the locals directions to the designated meeting place.





This was at the start of the walk.





I was shown some of the art work that had been made and placed at the beginning of the walk. I found a few that I liked,  one especially was that of an upright top of a boat. I was captivated by the thought process that must of gone on behind the preparation. It seemed elegantly composed, with immaculate detail lovingly crafted  into it. There was a small seat inside  it with lots of decoration inside, the photos seemed special due to they were originals made into a form where time could protect them for all to now see. Like a sort of time capsule where past and present meet.




                           The photo  above of the boat was kindly borrowed from the site below.

http://miceforlent.blogspot.com/2010/08/ellesmere-sculpture-trail-eventually.html






The above photo of inside the boat sculpture was also kindly borrowed from the web site below.

http://beefur.blogspot.com/2011_03_01_archive.html









I hope he can swim and doesn't go too far out of his depth.
















I liked this tree as it reminded of what I see as being typically British -
just a shame the colours where not exactly as I saw them.






I wanted to try to capture the reflection to make a complete circle.









This is where we stopped for a small lunch break and saw two Kingfishers
quickly flying past.  Wow what a lovely site it was too!






I was trying to capture an Autumn reflection







The Winter carpet.










As we headed towards Lake Colemere, I was greeted by another great sight. My eyes were glued to this chimney in sheer appreciation of its beauty of structure.









Chimney on the boat house






Due to the washed out sky I converted them to black and white to give a nostalgic feel.








































Tree roots


The photo above I saw as an extraordinary sight, as it was the first time that I have seen an tree up rooted with soil still visible. I couldn't miss the chance of examining closely the roots and analysing their detail.







A view of lake Colemere



 




This was visible from the canal walk, it was where someone had been living. The way in which the twig hut was constructed reminded my friend of Andy Goldsworthy.


 







 






The next two photos I couldn't make my mind up which I preferred, so I have put up the two versions.
MMMMMM...... What do you think?








 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Photos Dawn especially of Liverpool I probably would get lost if I went back now Have a lovely Christmas. Love Irene xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've seen a few aspects of Ellesmere that we didn't see when we visited.
    Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete